Web Server Monitor Package
Web Server monitoring ensures that the underlying architecture, the foundation of your application, is constantly available and performing to expectation. Standard AIMS currently supports Windows 2000/2003 Linux, Solaris and HPUX. Ask your Enterprise Hosting Representative about other Operating Systems and platforms.
Why should I use the Web Server Monitor Package?
The equipment upon which your hosted application runs is truly the Achilles heel of availability and performance. Proper monitoring and trending of web server uptime and performance is the first step in maintaining a positive experience for your current and potential customers accessing your environment in our data centers.
Server monitoring provides:
- Continuous verification that your servers are available and functioning properly
- Immediate notification of your server availability or performance problems
- Streamlined troubleshooting in the event of customer-impacting application failure
Our offering includes the following in the Web Server Monitor Package:
(2) Web Server Disk Space Monitors – The Disk Space Monitor provides an easy way for you to track how much disk space is currently in use on your hosted application or web servers. Running out of disk space can cause a host of problems both large and small, and it’s something that can happen slowly over time or very rapidly. Verifying that your disk space is within acceptable limits can save you from a crashed system and corrupted files.
(1) Server CPU Monitor – The CPU Utilization Monitor reports percentage of CPU time that’s currently being used on the server. It’s important to watch CPU usage on your web servers to ensure that they don’t become overloaded on a regular basis. When CPU usage becomes too high, your customers will either find your application very slow, or if a server hangs as a result of the high usage, your application may become inaccessible.
(1) Web Server Memory Monitor – The Memory Monitor provides an easy way for you to track how much virtual memory is currently in use on your server. Running out of memory can cause applications to fail and excessive paging can have a drastic effect on performance. One of the primary factors that can affect Web server performance is memory. The two most important measurements to detect problems in this area are Pages per Second and Percentage of Virtual Memory Used, both monitored by the Memory Monitor.
(5) Application Service Monitors – The Service Monitor checks to see if a process is running on a web server or application server. The Service Monitor can be set to automatically restart failed processes, minimizing downtime for your hosted servers.
(1) Server PING Monitor – The PING Monitor checks the availability of the hosted server via the network. This ensures that your hosted server is alive and well, and helps identify network congestion. The Ping Monitor obtains two of the most common measurements used to determine if your network connection is congested: Round Trip Time and Loss Percentage.
(1) Web Services Monitor – The Web Services Monitor reports statistics about the throughput of your hosted servers including the hits/minute and bytes/minute. It is available for Windows machines only.